Originally registered in June 1992, Atlas.com is one of the oldest and best domain names in the world. Being a Latin word and originated in Greek mythology, the word Atlas projects strength, admiration, credibility, and familiarity worldwide. But don’t take our word for it. From Atlas Copco to Atlas Energy, Atlas Venture to Atlas Solutions, it’s no surprise that tens of thousands of companies worldwide have made the word Atlas a significant part of who they are and what they do.
- Category defining domain name
- Instant authority, perceived market credibility, perceived market leadership, respect
- Establish company, product or service dominance
- Highly identifiable and recognizable globally
- Commonly used in 100+ countries
- Easy to spell / high memorability
- Passes the ‘Radio test’ easily
- Advantageous brand recall when advertised or marketed
- Marketability: Exciting branding or rebranding opportunity
- Desirability: Tens of thousands of businesses would love to own it, only one can have it.
- SEO/Search engine traffic opportunity: Over 10 million searches over the last 12 month for the word ‘Atlas’ across leading search engines
- Search engine positioning: Historically exact match keywords are rated higher for relevancy, search engine placement
- CPC opportunity: Increased click-through rates due to user’s recognition, familiarity, trust, and respect
- Capture lost traffic: Existing brands which use inferior domain names by default will lose direct traffic to better domains
- Asset value: The domain will likely to hold and increase its value over time
- For existing brands, the ideal brand re-enforcement
- For existing brands, the ideal brand protection opportunity
What’s underneath the ground?
You surely are familiar with oil wells. Select few domain names offer similar characteristics, providing a natural resource flow like no other. The direct traffic the domain receives is a clear testament to its strength. Hundreds of thousands of visitors a year type Atlas.com into their browser’s address bar. No advertising, no traffic acquisition costs, this direct traffic is purely a natural resource owned by the domain name owner.
- Owner has declined a number of seven figure US$ offers for the domain.
- Asking price: Eight figure range, US$. Offers welcome. Cash + equity and other creative structures may be entertained.